Policy 205 Director of Christian Education – Children and Youth
This policy defines the qualifications, responsibilities and reporting relationships of this position.
Authority and Responsibilities:
This position is selected by the Elders and is responsible to the Elders.
This position is responsible for planning and guiding a gospel centered Christian Education for Children and Youth which equips Children and Youth to know Christ and make Him known under the supervision of the Elders and has the following responsibilities:
1. Sunday School – Children and Youth
a. Teacher scheduling and planning of Sunday School programs.
b. Train Sunday School teachers.
c. Oversee Sunday School.
d. Research, plan and recommend curriculum materials to the Elders.
2. Children’s Church
a. Oversee Children’s Church
b. Teacher recruitment, training and scheduling.
c. Research, plan and recommend curriculum materials to the Elders.
3. Vacation Bible School
a. Attain annually a volunteer, approved by the Session, to direct VBS, who will be responsible for teacher scheduling and planning of VBS.
b. Research, plan and recommend curriculum materials to the Elders.
4. Teach youth Sunday School
5. Develop and lead regular discipleship meetings for youth.
6. Plan and lead periodic events for children.
7. Plan and lead outreach events for children and youth.
8. Annually prepare a report for the Session and Finance Committee concerning ministry budget needs for Sunday School and Vacation Bible School.
9. Regularly meet with the Elders.
1. Administrative Abilities
b. Planning and delegation.
c. Train others.
d. Develop good working relationships and teamwork among volunteers.
2. Pastoral Abilities
a. To teach God’s Word.
b. Shepherd children, youth and their families.
c. Select curriculum.
• Play instrument
2. Bachelor’s degree.
3. Prior experience in ministry role.
4. Male or couple.
5. Member of our church upon acceptance of position.
This position reports to the Elders and will have regular supervision by the Pastor.
Ten (10) hours per week. Schedule to be determined by the Elders.