MOTTO: Serving others for Jesus’ sake.
Church Verse: “We preach not ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.” (2nd Cor. 4:5)
Mission Statement: Why We Exist – To glorify God by being and making disciples of Jesus everywhere. (Matthew 28:18-20)
Vision Statement: Our Future – Adams Farm Community Church is a body of believers where joyful love for Jesus is expressed by serving others. (Matthew 22:37-40)
Core Values: Our guiding principles and values that we do not compromise:
1. The Word of God, because lives are changed through the culturally relevant communication of God’s inerrant Work. (2nd Timothy 3:16-17)
2. Worship, because it is the primary privilege of believers, personally and corporately, to give God glory. (Romans 15:6)
3. Prayer, because communication with God helps to gain His perspective and releases his power for effective change. (Luke 18:11)
4. Community, because service, support, and encouragement produce loving maturity in God’s family. (Romans 12:5)
5. Gift-based Ministry, because it is God’s design to equip and empower every believer to serve for maximum effectiveness where his passion and gifts are best suited within the body of Christ. (1st Timothy 4:10)
6. Stewardship, because Scripture instructs us to properly use the time, talents, and treasures that the Lord has given each believer. (1st Peter 4:10)
7. Evangelism, because it is the joyful responsibility of every Christian to communicate the Gospel for the purpose of bringing people to maturity in Christ. (1st Peter 3:15)
Senior Pastor Job Description – Adams Farm Community Church
The Senior Pastor has the primary preaching responsibility and is expected to uphold the Adams Farm Community Church tradition of excellence in preaching. In addition, the Senior Pastor should conscientiously engage in the oversight of teaching, evangelism and prayer ministry in the church. He also needs to be an ambassador to the local community on behalf of the church.
THEOLOGICAL EXPECTATIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Pastor should be a passionately Christ-centered leader who is a good communicator, motivator, team builder, and mentor with a genuine pastoral heart. His personal actions and relationships need to reflect what is spoken from the pulpit, including being trustworthy and compassionate. The Senior Pastor should also endeavor to be approachable and personable. The principal task of the senior pastor is to help our congregation understand, internalize and actualize the central purpose of our church as stated in our Motto. Everything we do as a church – all our programs, monies, time and effort should tie into this overarching goal.
The senior pastor needs to prepare and deliver sermons that are relevant and that inspire both members and non- members to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Be anchored in Biblical text and teaching from a reformed perspective with an emphasis on expository preaching and teaching.
Culturally relative and biblically sound preaching and teaching relevant to younger people.
Will not assume that the congregation is familiar with Christian terms or concepts.
Always provide a potent take-home message that is applicable to everyday life.
Sometimes as needed, be topical.
Regularly provide opportunity for new believers to express their belief during service.
Elicit a heartfelt, emotional response.
Compel the listener towards a deeper relationship with Christ.
The Senior Pastor is to preach and/or teach in the Sunday Morning services. He should also lead the Wednesday Bible Study, though he may delegate the teaching portion of that study.
The pastor will provide short-term counseling as needed. He will be available and responsive to crisis situations and will provide pastoral care through the most effective means possible.
The pastor will be committed to and support Adams Farm Community Church Motto, Mission Statement, Vision Statement and Core values. (See http://www.adamsfarmchurch.com)
The Senior Pastor is to regularly lead the congregation in Communion. This should be done at least once per month. He should also lead in regard to baptisms.
The position requires great flexibility in time schedule. The pastor should be available for evening activities as well as work on the weekends. The pastor should take one to two days off each week.
Adams Farm Community Church acknowledges that the position of Senior Pastor is a demanding job. We support the sanctity of time for one’s family, marriage, health and especially personal spiritual reflection and growth; however the senior pastor understands that the needs of the congregation will be met.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
The Senior Pastor reports directly to the session as represented by the Session Leadership Team and its chairperson. The Session Leadership Team (serving elders only) will conduct the annual review of the Senior Pastor.
Please Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org